What is Greater Manchester i-THRIVE?
The Greater Manchester i-THRIVE (GM i-THRIVE) Programme uses the THRIVE Framework for system change (Wolpert et al., 2019) to improve mental health outcomes for the children and young people of Greater Manchester.
The GM i-THRIVE team work with each of Greater Manchester’s 10 Local Transformation Partnerships (LTPs) and the GM Future in Mind Implementation Group to enable the delivery of the Greater Manchester Children and Young People’s Mental Health Transformation Programme.
GM i-THRIVE localities:
They are developing close relationships with provider and commissioning networks, identifying a range of local implementation leads and supporting the creation of ‘THRIVE informed’ local teams.
Over a three year period the GM i-THRIVE team will provide training across the workforce to support delivery of THRIVE-like services. In addition they will coach local leads through a THRIVE-informed transformation process and work flexibly to understand the specific needs and requirements of each locality. They draw from both the resources in the i-THRIVE Toolkit and the expertise within the National i-THRIVE Programme Team in order to provide each LTP with a tailored package of support.
Who are GM i-THRIVE?
To implement the THRIVE Framework across Greater Manchester they are working with the National i-THRIVE Programme team which is a partnership between the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families, the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust, The Dartmouth Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice and UCLPartners.
GM i-THRIVE Community of Practice
The GM i-THRIVE Community of Practice is a forum that enables shared learning, the discussion of common issues, and innovation across the 10 GM localities. The GM i-THRIVE Community of Practice is currently held twice a year, and details of all upcoming events will be shared with members. Members also receive a bi-monthly newsletter showcasing THRIVE-like practice across GM.
GM i-THRIVE Academy Training
The GM i-THRIVE Academy provides training across sectors on learning and development modules that have been created to embed key competencies required to deliver care in a THRIVE-like way.
The modules are:
- Shared Decision Making
- Getting Advice: Assessment and Signposting
- When to Stop Treatment: Building confidence in letting go
- Risk Support
- i-THRIVE Grids
Module content is developed through the i-THRIVE Academy and adapted to suit professionals’ working in Greater Manchester specifically.
Greater Manchester i-THRIVE Implementation Stories
These stories provide examples of how different localities in GM i-THRIVE have approached implementing the principles of the THRIVE Framework for system change (Wolpert et al., 2019).
- How Unity Radio is promoting engagement and resilience in Manchester’s young people
- The innovative #Thrive service in Rochdale
- Aligning Greater Manchester’s Eating Disorder Pathway to the THRIVE needs based groupings
- Manchester and Salford’s Integrated Access and Care Pathways
- Oldham’s whole system offer for children and young people requiring support with emotional regulation
- Salford’s Emotional Health: Directory of Services for Children and Young People
- Developing a Consultation Care Pathway to better support Children and Young People in Stockport’s Specialist Schools
- Tameside and Glossop’s offer to children and young people who require emotional health and wellbeing help and support
- Transforming care: Wigan’s GP referral pathway
To get in touch about implementing the THRIVE Framework in Greater Manchester contact: email@example.com, or follow GM i-THRIVE on twitter: @gmithrive.
The below documents are helpful in supporting the implementation of the THRIVE Framework in GM:
- 7 minute briefings
- GM i-THRIVE Locality Plan Template
- GM i-THRIVE Initial Engagement Slides
- GM i-THRIVE Communications and Engagement Strategy Template
- GM i-THRIVE Description Slides
- Newsletter archive
- Greater Manchester i-THRIVE Progress Report 2018/19