i-THRIVE Action Learning Sets
Following the i-THRIVE leadership module, a series of i-THRIVE Action Learning Sets will support leaders in implementing the THRIVE Framework for system change (Wolpert et al., 2019). These will take place approximately monthly, with each session lasting 3 hours.
“Action learning is a continuous process of learning and reflection, supported by colleagues, with an intention of getting things done”(McGill & Beaty, 2001:11).
- The action learning set uses a structured facilitated process for exploring issues relating to each participant’s area of work. For you, action learning involves identifying a situation you want to develop, change or improve – a situation that is significant enough to act as a vehicle for your learning.
- The process of sharing the issue with a group of fellow learners (the learning set) enables you to tap into the ideas and experiences of peers and gain different and deeper insights.
i-THRIVE Action Learning Sets offer:
- Support and challenge from peers to facilitate local implementation of the THRIVE Framework for system change
- The opportunity to learn from good practice and develop new ideas and different solutions
- Development of individual listening and questioning skills
- Broadening of awareness of what problems are, might be and how individual beliefs and assumptions frame and create them (double loop learning)
- Practice of giving and receiving feedback
- A safe environment to explore, support and challenge
- Insight into group processes and opportunity to relate understanding to workplace and work relationships
- Individual time to explore, gain perspective on, and solve problems
- Time away from the daily routine to reflect, relax and think differently
- Greater insight into the breadth and depth of the complexities of the workplace and the network of relationships
- A trusted group of peers and the development of a confidential space to be heard
Please email email@example.com if you would like to know more.