The THRIVE Framework for system change (Wolpert et al., 2019) encourages recognition of the needs of children, young people and families who are at risk of adverse and harmful experiences such as family breakdown, school exclusion, criminality, child sexual exploitation etc, and where CAMHS and other agencies have been unable to bring about positive change. CAMHS treatment may have been tried and found to be ineffective, or the child, young person or family are not “treatment ready”. Often these families are intensively supported by CAMHS but the risks cannot be reduced. There is usually a high level of professional anxiety in these cases and collaborative interagency working is sometimes challenged by differing opinions in the professional network about what needs to be done.
Upon completing this training module, attendees will be able to:
- describe the five needs based groupings identified in the THRIVE Framework for system change (Wolpert et al., 2019) and describe how the THRIVE Framework benefits children, young people and their families;
- understand the role of the National i-THRIVE Programme in supporting implementation of the THRIVE Framework for system change;
- understand the difference between risk support, safeguarding and crisis care;
- know which children, young people and families fit within the Getting Risk Support needs based grouping;
- learn the principles of Risk Support work, and;
- become more confident in using methods to support effective multi-agency working to support children, young people and families who don’t engage with help.
Who is best to attend?
Cross sector frontline staff and their strategic leaders including local authority staff e.g. youth justice, school inclusion, community policing, education, social care, specialist CAMHS, youth service providers, housing support officers and looked after children services.
This module is led by Dr Peter Fuggle, Director of Clinical Services and AMBIT Co-Lead, the Anna Freud National Centre for Children and Families and Dr Andy Wiener, Consultant Child and Adolescent Psychiatrist, the Tavistock and Portman NHS Foundation Trust.
If you would like to buy in this training for your services please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
← Back to The i-THRIVE Academy
The i-THRIVE Academy pilot in 2017 was funded by Health Education England.